The Admission Process:
We are eager to serve you as you consider attending high school here in the United States. International Christian High School has been a part of the community of North Philadelphia for over 50 years! In the past half century our students regularly grow in our multicultural community through both biblical truth and engaged faculty. We would love to meet you virtually! You can schedule a meeting by clicking the link in the first step of the application process below.
Gather your Materials
In order to apply, you need electronic copies of the following documents.
- Passport – The page with your Photo & Biographical Information
- Academic Records – Transcripts from at least one year or starting with 9th grade, need to be translated into English
- English Test Results – Such as TOEFL or iTEP SLATE (if applicable)
- Proof of Funding – Bank statement from a family member to show that you will be financially supported throughout your years of education
After we receive the completed application and all supporting materials, we will schedule a video chat on Skype or WeChat.
The applicant’s parents are welcome to speak with us during the interview.
Students are encouraged to prepare for the interview by thinking about following –
- Why do you want to study in the US?
- Why do you want to study at ICHS, specifically?
- What questions do you have for us?
Wait for Admissions Result
1 – 2 weeks after the interview, you will be contacted with the admissions result.
Pay Application Deposit
If accepted, you will be prompted to pay the $600 application deposit via FlyWire.
Obtain F-1 Visa
ICHS will mail the I-20 form and acceptance papers to your home.
- Schedule your interview with the US Consulate using the SEVIS ID found on your I-20. Share the date of your interview with ICHS. Wait times can be long, so schedule your interview as soon as possible.
- Pay the I-901 Fee online.
Enroll in School
When you successfully pass and receive your F-1 Visa, we can begin the enrollment process.
- Pay tuition at FlyWire
- Book a flight to the USA, and share flight details with ICHS.
Arrive at ICHS!
You will fly to the US and meet your new host family. We will schedule an orientation day to introduce you to ICHS. You will meet your teachers and some fellow students. A few days later, you will begin your classes at ICHS.
We are here to help you further your education in the United States and make a smooth transition to the college or university of your choice. ICHS is dedicated to assisting you during your time at our school.
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. An I-20 Form from ICHS will allow you to obtain a United States F-type Student Visa. ICHS is able to accept International students who are proficient in English in grades 9-12. ICHS is listed on the SEVIS web site http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/school-search.