Commencement at International Christian High School each year proves to be a wonderful celebration of the Lord’s faithfulness. For the students and parents, the evening is a culmination of hard work. But the ceremony also serves to encourage the faculty, staff, and board of directors of our school to continue to faithfully carry out the mission of ICHS. This year, during ICHS’ 50th graduation ceremony, one student profoundly yet also simply captured the culture of ICHS when she shared how ICHS has become for her like a second home. Throughout the rest of the evening the highlights and stories that were shared illustrate how this description, of a second home, captures the essence of the value of the relationships formed at ICHS.
- A member of our graduating class shared how she found herself going from school to her job at Wal-Mart to home all while trying to find time to sleep and do homework. Time management is an important life skill that is sometimes best learned through a busy season. While on the graduation stage, sharing her testimony, this student looked out into the crowd at one of her now former teachers, Mr. Hanselman, and thanked him for not allowing her to fall behind. When he noticed something was different about this student’s performance he stepped in and walked with her through this.
- Another student’s testimony revealed that when she arrived at ICHS from her home country in Southeast Asia math was a weakness of hers. Now, a few years later, she too could look out into the crowd with her cap and gown on and thank Mr. Mattner for helping her succeed in this subject and answering all her questions.
- The students that spoke at graduation not only recounted their appreciation for their soon to be alma mater, but also reminded everyone in the room of the greatness of God: he needs to be front and center in our lives. We heard truths about God being in control, already knowing our steps; that God is always by our side in every situation; and that God loves us with an unfailing love.
- As the Class of 2022 received their diplomas, the audience stood and applauded one student whose father tragically passed away in a work accident weeks before he began 9th grade. Now, as a high school graduate he was handed his diploma by local military personnel as a way to honor his late father’s service to our country.
- One graduate kindly thanked the chair of our school’s board for being present and supportive throughout the school year. She continued by thanking the many behind the scenes that repainted the hallways and put bible verses on every locker to encourage students.
When you invest financially in International Christian High School you are directly helping us create this second home for our students. Thank you for your partnership.